click on images to enlarge

Friday, April 9, 2021

Saga of Didrik page 6 - Or a Winged Wolf

 Page six of seven of my current comic project of creating a graphic novel version of a few chapters of the ancient Norse epic, The Saga of Didrik of Bern, is done! To read all the previous pages in this series click on the Didrik label below the post.



In case you were curious about the image on Gerb's bracer in the last panel, it is actually a rough sketch of my heraldic device (coat of arms) from the Society for Creative Anachronism, or SCA, which is a Medieval recreationist group I belong to. 



Above is a colored version of the drawing to make it more clear, and below is a photo of an actual archery bracer I started making, with an image of my device tooled into the leather, to show what it is based on. The only difference is that the one below doesn't have the green "embattled" border that my official Award of Arms has. 




The official heraldry blazon, or description, of my Award of Arms is Or, a winged wolf salient sable within a bordure embattled vert. So if you suddenly find your self in the Barony of Wyewood, tell them Lord Lovell sent you!



No comments:

Post a Comment